My blog on My Sculptures




My goal as an artist is creating timeless art that touches people and captures their imagination.  Rather than creating a photographic likeliness, I aim to bring out the “truth” of a person portrayed with passions, ideals, personal boundaries and desires. To do this I simplify forms and “suggest” rather than “define” what I see and avoid a cold resemblance and too many details.  I also like my work to convey emotions. Emotions are the greatest potential source of uniting human beings and I believe they allow my art to offer a piece of life.





The creation process for me evolves in a couple phases. I believe when creating is in someone’s blood one observes in a different way and becomes more welcoming to conceptual ideas from immediate surroundings. I let ideas grow in me before even exploring ways of turning them into appealing forms.  Then I sculpt. I love every step of it.

Most of my sculptures are bronze which starts with clay, but I also work with stone, cement, resin, plaster and found objects.  I continuously learn from past and present art but try not to limit myself with existing definitions of art.
I have been creating as long as I remember. I started with painting at an early age. When I was first introduced to sculpture at a later period I fell in love with it. I was fascinated at being able to feel what I create.  I feel blessed that I have the time, ability and desire to create and I hope that I can continue creating as long as I live. 

I will be posting my art events and sculpture releases on my blog. 

My web site has more information on me and my sculptures. You may also follow me on my facebook page and my twitter page.





Comments

Popular Posts